Cell Phone Tricks | Top 10 List10 Cool Phone Tricks
It seems that more and more people are opting for cell phones as opposed to land lines and the industry is responding with some really cool tricks. For many people their wireless is their lifeline to the world. Therefore, using enhancement features to turn any phone into a tool can help increase productivity as well as allow individuals to spend their time as they choose. Here are just 10 of the cool tricks phones can now do, with a little help.
1. Forget 911 if on vacation. Just because this number works in the US doesn't mean it will work anywhere else. If you find yourself in an emergency situation and away from your home network area, dial 112 instead. This number also works if you're locked out of your keypad. When you're out cold due to an accident and hoping someone else can send for help, this feature can serve as a lifeline to get you the help you need quickly.
2. Hate those long-winded phone calls and want to find a way to cut them short? Try SorryGottaGo.com or Popularity Dialer. These will provide audio interruptions just in case you get stuck and don't know how to politely get off the line. Popularity Dialer is actually a service that will call you after a set amount of time whereas SorryGottaGo.com provides a variety of sounds that you can play at will.
3. Some people claim this next one works whereas others have difficulty with it. I think a lot has to do with the age of the vehicle as well as the quality and volume of the cell phones used. In this case, if keys are locked in a car or trunk that has a keyless entry and someone elsewhere has a spare, all you have to do is call them. Hold you cell phone up to the door and have the other person at the other end of the line hit the unlock button on the spare key while it's near the microphone. The car should unlock once the tone is heard. Unfortunately, this does not work in all areas of the world nor for all types of cars so you may want to try it at home first while the remote is available.
4. Today there is no need to worry when you need to send money, but you're not at the computer, just as long as you have a PayPal account. Activation of the cell phone on a PayPal account will allow the transfer of money with a few clicks. It can then be used to pay a bill, pay someone back, or even just send a gift. PayPal also ensures your transaction is secure. For more information on this and other new services through PayPal, just visit their site.
5. Few cell phone users are aware that wireless phones store hidden power. If you're out and about and your battery is running seriously low just press *3370#. This increases the battery charge by 50% and will restart right away if it has already died. It's important that as soon as possible the phone needs to be fully charged, but in an emergency having access can be a Godsend.
6. There isn't much today's cell phones can't do. One of the new cool features is the ability to email reminders to yourself in the form of text messages. Although there are people who will do this for you, there's no reason you can't do it yourself. Just look up the instructions on the Internet then have some fun. It's better to be reminded while you're out and about than to have to take a second trip to town after you've already arrived home.
7. For many people their cell phone is just as important as their computer and, as such, they need to ensure it is protected. The best way to do this is to keep the serial number in a secure location in case it is stolen. Should this happen the service provider should be contacted immediately so the handset can be blocked. To get this number just dial *#06#A15. The serial number will then appear on the screen and can be copied and kept in a safe location. Although getting the phone back is unlikely, at least the thief won't be able to use it or sell it to someone else.
8. For those who have people they'd rather not talk to at the times they choose to call, did you know there is a silent ringtone that can be downloaded and assigned to specific callers? Rather than hear the ring for every single call, those who have been assigned silent rings will be forwarded directly to voice mail then the calls can be returned at your convenience.
9. If you need to make sure important calls are not missed, regardless of where you are, you can now have up to six different lines and devices ring at the same time with a free service called GrandCentral. This service also has loads of additional features such as Gmail, voice mail, send/receive/store SMS online, viewing of a web inbox, and much more. This is a product sponsored by Google that should be checked out.
10. This one was saved for last because it's priceless. You know how you try to call a company and all you get is the Interactive Voice Response system telling you to "say 1" or whatever to move to the next menu? Next time try dropping the "F" bomb a few times and you might find your time cut in half and get a human on the other end of the line before you know it. It turns out that these computerized systems can't analyze foul language so rather than becoming frustrated with a system that could care less, try swearing like a sailor. It may not always work, but it may make you feel better while you're on hold if it doesn't. If it does work then you can cut your time in half waiting to talk to a human.
There are many more cool tricks that today's cell phones can do, but these are a few of the fun highlights that might give you a chuckle if nothing else. Exploring how to maximize the use of wireless devices and increase productivity may well be worth the research.
Copyright 2012-2017 CallerCenter.com