336-228-6986 - Did this number call you? If yes, leave your comment/complaint below.

Phone number: 336-228-6986 is located in Burlington, North Carolina.

Its exchange 228 is managed by BELLSOUTH TELECOMM INC - NC.
The number is currently on switch number BURLNCDA56F.
Around 32% of people reported it as "Scammer/Fraudster".
You are the 51th person to search for it here.The number has a total of 74 complaints filed against it.
Latest people reported the number as that of "336-228-6986 / 604-654-9895, no name"

Anonymous
+4

The call is regarding "An important message about your credit card account," which it is not. It's a telemarketing scam.

The caller was identified as an Unknown
Reported 10th, Sep. 2013.
MISTY
+1

I RECIEVED A CALL FROM THIS NUMBER STATING I HAD A CREDIT CARED AND NEED TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE ABOUT THIS, IT WAS MY FINAL WARNING ABOUT PAYMENT. I DONT HAVE A CREDIT CARD, SO I PRESSED 1, IT SENT ME TO A AGENT, WHO DIDNT STATE THE COMPANY NAME, NOR HER NAME. I ADVISED I DONT HAVE A CREDIT CARD AND WANTED TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THIS CALL WAS ABOUT, SHE STATED SHE WAS SHOWING I DID HAVE A CREDIT CARD AND SHE LITERALLY RELEASED THE LINE ON ME, I BELIEVE THIS IS A HUGE SCAM!! BE AWARE.

The caller was identified as an Unknown
Reported 13th, Sep. 2013.
jen
+1

caller called my daughters cell phone when i asked them not to call again. he proceeded to tell me what sexual conversations he washaving with my 16 yr old on her phone... i asked for a supervisor and explained to him to please take the number off the list due to it was my teenage daughters phone. As he proceede he started doing the same thing about s*x with my child.. i got very upset and asked who he worked for, he said money. and would not tell me..... i again asked him to stop calling and every 2 mins he was calling back to what he thought was my teenager and talking sexual to her. i have tried calling them back andn cant get an answer..

The caller was identified as a unknown
Reported 14th, Sep. 2013.
Anonymous
0

I missed a call from this number and then they called again and when I answered it said this is the second and final call I would be receiving and then legal action would take place. I pressed 1 to connect to an agent. I was then transferred to someone that was basically laughing on the line and spoke jibberish saying her "name" and the "company name" and then I was disconnected.

The caller was identified as an Unknown
Reported 17th, Sep. 2013.
Anonymous
0

I just had a call from this number it says it was Burlington, NC anyway they said it was my last chance to take advantage of the huge discount on my credit card .... I don't even have a credit card so I pressed 1 to be connected to a live person he came on the line talking in a Muslim sound so I ask him to nicely to please put me on the do not call list that I didn't have a credit card then he hung up on me. I have seen this number like 4 or 5 times on my caller ID in the last week when I answered it most of the time just hangs up on me. I work 3rd shift and its very annoying so if any1 can stop them then PLEASE do so. thanks, Oh yea BTW....When I call the number back it says it has been disconnected. I tried 3 times all three times the call you have made is disconnected. I knew right then this was a scam !!!

The caller was identified as a Burlington, NC
Reported 18th, Sep. 2013.
anonymous
-2

This phone number calls my girlfriend often. A man actually left a message of my girlfriend's voicemail about a credit card. I then left a message on his voicemail and said not to call anymore. He did not listen to me and still calls. To the best of my knowledge, he stated on his voicemail that he was working for some government agency. I think it is possible that this person or group are stalking people, and it needs to stop. I think we should all get together and track this person down legally, and then inform the authorities and possibly take this person to court. This could be racial as well. I am white. What are the other races of the people being harassed? Let me know if every person that was harassed wants to pursue this further. You all have my support. I am not sure, but this could be an African American individual or group.

The caller was identified as a burlington NC
Reported 19th, Sep. 2013.
Anonymous
0

Did all of you Recently applied for a job online? It maybe where the caller is getting the no#s. I got a call today

The caller was identified as an Unknown
Reported 19th, Sep. 2013.
Anonymous
0

RECEIVED CALL FROM NUMBER: 336-228-6986 ALSO. HOWEVER THEY NEVER LEFT VOICE-MAIL. BEWARE!

The caller was identified as a Unknown
Reported 20th, Sep. 2013.
Anonymous
0

I received a call from this number, with an automated messaging stating "you can reduce your credit card interest rate", and "press 1". It didn't state which card they were calling from, so I assumed it was a scam. I pressed 1, and received a man within a few seconds. He began to explain he was calling because I was eligible for a lower interest rate on my card. I asked which account, and which bank he was calling from. He said "Visa and Mastercard". I repeated "but which bank", and he replied the same. He began talking again, and I interrupted him by saying "Visa and Mastercard are not banks, they're credit card companies--what bank and what account are you calling about?" He hung up on me. Clearly a scam of some sort. I tried to call the number back, and received a message that the number had been disconnected. Don't fall for it.

The caller was identified as an Unknown
Reported 20th, Sep. 2013.
MC
+1

Called my cell at 7:30 pm. Didn't leave a message.

The caller was identified as a unknown
Reported 21st, Sep. 2013.
Anonymous
0

Got a call from this number. They did not leave message because I did not answer the phone. I tried the call the number back and it says that it is disconnects. Glad to know I did not answer the phone now. I dont have a credit card anyway and don't want one..

The caller was identified as an Unknown
Reported 23rd, Sep. 2013.
Anonymous
0
Quote Originally Posted by MISTY

I RECIEVED A CALL FROM THIS NUMBER STATING I HAD A CREDIT CARED AND NEED TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE ABOUT THIS, IT WAS MY FINAL WARNING ABOUT PAYMENT. I DONT HAVE A CREDIT CARD, SO I PRESSED 1, IT SENT ME TO A AGENT, WHO DIDNT STATE THE COMPANY NAME, NOR HER NAME. I ADVISED I DONT HAVE A CREDIT CARD AND WANTED TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THIS CALL WAS ABOUT, SHE STATED SHE WAS SHOWING I DID HAVE A CREDIT CARD AND SHE LITERALLY RELEASED THE LINE ON ME, I BELIEVE THIS IS A HUGE SCAM!! BE AWARE.

File a complaint with the Do Not call registry

The caller was identified as a unknown
Reported 24th, Sep. 2013.
Anonymous
0

(336) 228-6986 Burlington, NC This is what is listen under missed calls. I am unable to call back. However, I do recall answering a call with a similar number that spoke about my credit card rates. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way I had my number listed online or through a company I trust, and they were hacked without informing me or sold my telephone number. I do believe it would be wise, for anyone who comes in contact with these criminals, to inform a fraud agency. Or click on this link to an FBI website, if the calls received fall under any of the scams listed, please follow the necessary steps and file a report where requested. After reviewing many of the comments, I have become very concerned and disturbed by the nature of some calls. I am taking preemptive action by informing my contacts at JSO of this situation.

The caller was identified as an Unknown
Reported 24th, Sep. 2013.
Will
-1

Same number called me, mine was a woman with a thick Asian accent maybe Philippino. She had no idea what I was saying but hung up on me. Same deal as everyone else, I tried to call back and it was suddenly disconnected. Wonder how that works?

The caller was identified as a none
Reported 24th, Sep. 2013.
Anonymous
0

This # just called my cell phone. I didnt answer. When I called back, the message said that the number was disconnected. Glad I didn't answer now after invetigating and reading all this!!!!!!!

The caller was identified as a 919-336-228-6986
Reported 25th, Sep. 2013.
Anonymous
0
Quote Originally Posted by jen

caller called my daughters cell phone when i asked them not to call again. he proceeded to tell me what sexual conversations he washaving with my 16 yr old on her phone... i asked for a supervisor and explained to him to please take the number off the list due to it was my teenage daughters phone. As he proceede he started doing the same thing about s*x with my child.. i got very upset and asked who he worked for, he said money. and would not tell me..... i again asked him to stop calling and every 2 mins he was calling back to what he thought was my teenager and talking sexual to her. i have tried calling them back andn cant get an answer..

Name: Mejia Saul G Address: 526 Homewood Ave »YPState City: Burlington State: NC Generation Suffix: Zip: 27217 LabelName: Saul G Mejia

The caller was identified as an Unknown
Reported 25th, Sep. 2013.
Anonymous
0
Quote Originally Posted by anonymous

This phone number calls my girlfriend often. A man actually left a message of my girlfriend's voicemail about a credit card. I then left a message on his voicemail and said not to call anymore. He did not listen to me and still calls. To the best of my knowledge, he stated on his voicemail that he was working for some government agency. I think it is possible that this person or group are stalking people, and it needs to stop. I think we should all get together and track this person down legally, and then inform the authorities and possibly take this person to court. This could be racial as well. I am white. What are the other races of the people being harassed? Let me know if every person that was harassed wants to pursue this further. You all have my support. I am not sure, but this could be an African American individual or group.

Name: Mejia Saul G Address: 526 Homewood Ave »YPState City: Burlington State: NC Generation Suffix: Zip: 27217 LabelName: Saul G Mejia

The caller was identified as an Unknown
Reported 25th, Sep. 2013.
Cinda
0
Quote Originally Posted by

Did all of you Recently applied for a job online? It maybe where the caller is getting the no#s. I got a call today

I received a call from 336-228-6986, but did not answer it. Thank you for that insight Anonymous. Yes, I did recently apply for a job online. So,that's how they're getting our phone numbers! That's a shame.

The caller was identified as a Unknown
Reported 26th, Sep. 2013.
Anonymous
0

This number keeps calling .... do not answer it is a scam.

The caller was identified as a 3362286986
Reported 28th, Sep. 2013.
Lynn
0

I recieved a call from this # and did not answer as there was no name. Just Burlington NC. Thought I would check it out first. Glad I did. Thanks for the input all.

The caller was identified as a 3392286986
Reported 1st, Oct. 2013.
Anonymous
0

Didn't answer the call....as I never answer calls with names I do not recognize. Glad I didn't....Thanks for listing all the information about this number.

The caller was identified as a Yolanda R Mejia
Reported 1st, Oct. 2013.
Don
0

I received a call on my office line. My voicemail answered, but they did not leave a message. I'm glad I checked this thread. Thanks all.

The caller was identified as a 336-228-6986
Reported 2nd, Oct. 2013.
Anonymous
0

They've called my cell phone three times. Today they called me so I pressed 1. I told the man I've gotten three calls from them in the last month and each time I've asked for my number to be taken off their last. I have no credit card nor do I want or need one right now. Each time I tell them this they hang up on me. It's very annoying considering the fact that they call late at night sometime or when I'm in the middle of working! Seriously people get a real freaking job!

The caller was identified as a Burlington NC
Reported 2nd, Oct. 2013.
 1 2 3 4 Next 
Please tell us about the number using the form below.

File a Complaint About 336-228-6986


Can't see verification code?